Calligram




Total Time: 5 hours


    For this creation I was inspired by change.  Butterflies represent change, hope and life.  Recently I have been going through a hard time with things happening at home.  Even though I am not physically there, it still effects me in many ways.  I am able to stay strong now but I hope for positive change for my future.  A lot can happen in 20 years.  I honestly do not know what I will be doing in 2040.  I hope that my future is bright and has a positive effect on me.  I know that change will take time to come but I believe it will be worth it in the end.  
    The picture under my project was the outline I used to create the butterfly shape.  I used the pen tool to trace it and then I filled the shape in with my letter to myself.  I changed the color to purple and I also changed the font.  I added the butterflies antennas with the pencil tool to make sure it looked like a butterfly.  I also used the line segment tool to draw the arrow pointing from 2020 to 2040.  I used the ellipse tool to make my "signs" for 2020 and 2040.  I am overall very happy with my final result and would love to create more with Illustrator.

LETTER

Hello, this is 18-year-old Sarah Jordyn Weisman.  I hope all is well and I am praying that you have 2 kids by now.  I have always wanted one boy and one girl…was it a success?  I will tell you about myself and describe my life now.  I am a freshman in college.  I go to the University of Tampa and I’m loving it.  My current friends here are Alyssa Colombo, Reagan McGovern, Haley Lehane and a bunch of other people.  Are you still friends with Alyssa?  If so, what is she up to and does she have kids?  My current friends in New York are my whole friend group from high school and Jordyn Simon.  Jordyn Simon is your best friend and has been through your whole life.  Is she still your partner in crime?  Are your kids’ best friends?  I hope all of the answers to these are “yes”.  Right now, I plan on going into the advertising field and hopefully one day work my way up to fancy companies and corporate brands.  What job do you have now and how is it going?  We are currently in a pandemic because of the Coronavirus.  Most of my classes are online once a week and in person once a week.  My professors don’t even know my name or know what I look like.  We have to wear masks everywhere we go but are allowed to take it off when walking outside to get to other parts of campus.  This makes me so upset because I will never get my first semester of college the way I expected it to be.  Is the coronavirus still a thing? Do you have to wear a mask?  Michael and you are really close at ages 18 and 22.  Are you still close with him? Does he have a wife and kids?  After college, where did you move?  I never really had a set place in mind but where did life take you? 2020 has been one crazy year.  I hope your life is amazing and I can’t wait to find out all the answers in the future.

















 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pumpkin Extra Credit

Sketches for Portfolio

Logo